Yellow-brown head and mesosoma with a dark brown to black gaster.
This species is much larger and more hirsute than all other Prenolepis species and has a distinctly broad head.
Prenolepis melanogaster also has a yellow-brown head and mesosoma with a dark brown to black gaster, similar to the coloration seen in Prenolepis fustinoda.
• Humidity requirements: 40–60%
• Temperature requirements: 20–30 °C
• Suggested housing: Test Tube, Acrylic, Plaster
• Nutrition: Sugars from honey or sugar water. Protein from insect sources such as fruit flies
• Queen size: 8 – 10 mm
• Worker size: 5 – 6 mm
• Monogyne/polygyne: Polygyne (Can be multiple Queens per colony)